Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ignorance is Bliss!

Today's post is to share the ignorance of one woman who posted an unnessasary selfish comment on a forum I'm part of at: http://www.twoweekwait.com/ To this day, this site has given me the endless joy of friendship with other women going through infertility. The Hopes & Prayers, tears of joy for others & loads of information/help going through the same thing as me. It is sad to have to wake up on this fine Sunday morning to read such ignorance.

As you all know, my insurance has approved my IVF 80% coverage which was a blessing in itself, but my meds aren't covered. So as many women before me (including myself on my last IVF cycle) have requested med donations from other women who have no use for their Gonal, Follistim, Menopur, etc. that were covered by their insurance. Back in March, I had a fundraiser going and a med donation too and never, ever come across a person who didn't feel my pain. My desire and long to bare a child of my own. During that time, I met the most caring, generous, beautiful souls one could ever be graced by. Women I didn't even know, donating $$ to my fundraiser & meds. It was so unbelievable.

So on that note, to make light of today's turn of events you must see what was left for me on my post on the site mentioned above.....
(1st) is my original post....
"Hi ladies...it seems like so long ago but I'm back! I'm back on the IVF wagon, trying to make it happen at the end of this month. As many of us who don't have RX coverage, we face fertility med costs they are indeed my biggest concern at this moment. I spent the whole day yesterday trying to find a company or site that may help with meds. With no success. My first IVF I did a great program through Fertility Lifelines. They supplied all the meds (Gonal-f) for that cycle. But it was ONLY a one time deal. I recommend those of you who've never done the program and are in need of Gonal to go to their website. Call the number and ask about their Care program. It's wonderful. Again, the sad part is it's only good for one time. It's even more sad when it don't work the 1st time, such as my case and many of us. I visit all the sites that people are selling their leftovers, but I'm trying to save money for the IVF treatment copay (over $2500). Really can't afford to spend the money on the meds. With that said, I thought I'd ask if anyone had any Menopur and/or Gonal-F to donate. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks a bunch (in advance)! Lorrie"
(2nd) is her reply (mandiedq).....
" Woah! It is illegal to share/sell prescription drugs! It is also a violation of the terms of service. I put an excerpt here for you and bolded the part that specifically states this.
Quote:
2. Promotion of External Web Sites, Products, Services, etc.: Commercial postings of all kinds are prohibited. The selling of drugs, tests and other products, fertility related or not, is prohibited. Posting for the sole purpose of generating traffic to external sites (commercial or not) is also prohibited. Community members are asked to support and respect this vision and refrain from engaging in any kind of commercial activity, product, business or site promotion in the community Forums, whether or not it is related to fertility and pregnancy. In addition, members are asked to refrain from targeting this community and its members for research or conducting focus groups for any purpose - academic, commercial or otherwise.
LorrieS, I see you posted the same message on the other side, too, and a couple of mods locked and told you this was not appropriate for this site."
(3rd) is my reply to her.....
"I'm not wanting to buy meds. I was looking for donations to help out. Not all of us have the luxury of having the fertility meds covered. Many times, it's other people that make this a difficult process when we're all here for the same outcome....to have a baby. I myself gave meds to help others who are having a hard time. There are many helpful & caring women on this site that beg to differ. Sorry to offend. The mods can delete all my donation request posts."
With this vent shared, I'm over it...
But by no means did I EVER intend to offend anyone or cross the line as to wanting a child.
Thanks for letting me vent. Movin on.....God is good!

No comments: