Friday, September 4, 2009

Glucose test....not so bad!

I'm back ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. I've been having a rough week just trying to overcome some stressful events. But it will definately take more than a week to overcome. But I have FAITH.

This morning I went to the Labcorp to have the 'infamous' glucose test done. I won't lie, I was really nervous thinking about all I've heard about it from others who have taken it and how nasty it tasted and made you fee, but it wasn't bad at all. Infact I chugged it in less than 2 minutes! I made sure I went there hungry and thirsty!!! lol I think that helped. So my RE's office will have the results by Tuesday. I have a Mock u/s scheduled for Wednesday of next week (this is where they insert a catheder into your uterus and inject saline so they can see if all looks good - no polyps, etc). This is protocol is performed before every IVF cycle. Afterwards we have counsel with the nurse & we'll discuss things including my test results from the glucose test. I really hope I don't have diabetes. : But like my husband said, "If you have it then we are that much closer to acheiving pregancy because that could of been the problem all these years!!" I'll be kind of mad if that's what it was....now that I'm almost 43 :( Oh well, I will take what's given to me and deal with it now. I can't turn back time. Only hope for the near future with TTC.
Also, I did get my IVF protocol!! Always exciting to see 'plans'. Makes you feel 'that much closer' to the prize and we all know what that is. A baby! Or I should say, closer to my 'dream'! :-)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Best of luck tomorrow. I just realized that we are going to the RE on the same day! Woohoo. I should know tomorrow what meds the RE will want me on and then be able to send you the little bit of GF I have left.

Love and hugs my dear. Fingers crossed that this will be both our time! Ok all 3 of our time but we all know T is already knocked up! LOL

Tracey said...

Yep, you fixed it my dear!

Love you!

Tracey