Sunday, September 20, 2009

Remembering Patrick Swayze.

I just wanted to post this pic and say a little something in loving memory of Patrick Swayze.

I was a huge fan of his from way back when I was in High School. I've been very sad all week (hormones not helping) and cried almost everyday looking at footage of his life and pictures. Also the heartbreaking thought of Lisa (his wife) losing her soulmate. It tears me up to even comprehend him being gone. I don't think there was a time in my life between the years of 1983 to 1992 that I wasn't going 'ga-ga' over him in some movie. Besides him being awesomely handsome, he had a beautiful soul. My prayers go out to Lisa and his family.

As we know, at the end of the famous movie 'Ghost' he had the most memoriable verse that's sort of ironic now. We all balled our eyes out (I know you all did) when his wife Molly (played by Demi Moore) see's him in the light at the end of the movie. As he's walking away towards the light he says to her, "It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you." Well Patrick, you're right. I know for sure the love you had inside you took with you. Lisa was the love of your life, your soulmate. Not many people experience that if their lifetime and you both did. You two will be joined again one day for eternity.
He fought a long, hard battle with cancer and through it all he remained the strong southern gentleman that he was. He will be greatly missed. He was a man who loved life. The thought of never seeing him in another movie or show breaks my heart.

God Bless.
xox

2 comments:

Charity said...

And the fact that he said his biggest regret was not having children with his wife. very sad.

Lorrie S said...

I know! It bring tears to my eyes. I am so sad for her. And him of course. He was suffering alot though at the end.

I will be buying their 'memoire' book they wrote together this past year. It comes out next Tuesday 9/29. The 'floods' with be coming when reading it no doubt. They were true soulmates. It's all very heartbreaking.