Sunday, November 29, 2009

3 BLASTS Tranferred!!!!

I must say, this transfer was the 'weirdest' ET or should I call it a BET ever this morning! A very confusing and actually disturbing transfer because of the 'whackiness' of it all. What I mean by this is (and it's hard to describe by typing it out)but I give it a whirl. lol

First the Dr smelled so badly (smoke breath)...DH thought he just stunk period!

Second he said I had 12 embryo's growing and now 6 stopped growing and I have 6 left. 2 that were blasts and 4 others growing with another one almost a blast.

Then with that said, the embryologist comes in and he checks with her. She gets the puzzled look on her face like she's still at 'last nights party' or something and shakes her head somewhat like 'that's not her diagnostic' or something and goes back into the lab to check. Comes back and says something different, but sort of the same. I looked at DH like "WTF is going on???". I said the the Dr and Embryologist, "I hope you both are going to give me my embryos to transfer!" I tried to sound like I was cool and joking about it but I wasn't. I was really annoyed at their unprofessionalism.

So anyway....she went back into the lab, came back and said "no Dr is right, I was looking at another patients chart." At this point I could feel my blood boiling! She did say that the third one had become a blast as well since this morning.

So ladies with all this confussion (which I still am) they transferred 3 blasts today. I supposably I have 2 embries still growing but they will keep them until tuesday and see if they are fit to freeze.

But I'm still so confused because the Dr started the whole thing with saying how I had 12 and then 6 stopped growing and I had 6 left and now they transferred 3 and he says I have 2 left. Well buddy, back when I went to school 3 + 2= 5!!!!! SO WTF??? Let me tell you, at this point I don't know what I have left. Both him and the spaz embryologist were whacko and really not on the same page from the start.

All I know is right now I have my 3 blast embryo's inside my uterus at this moment and I am very happy to say they are safe with me.

I was blessed to have 3 blasts and I will pray for whatever ones I have left growing in the lab, 2 or 3 if they can get their crap together to know how many!!! lol


God is good! I have Faith that this is it!! It's got to be!

9 comments:

Charity said...

That would make me very nervous. Hopefully they have their shit together and didn't give you the wrong embies.. I kid kinda I don't know if that is even possible but I know I would be worrying a little too with them acting like that.

Well God bless those embies and let at least 1 take! I am very excited for you to become a mom.

Lorrie S said...

Thanks Charity. LOL, they are mine btw. They did do the proper protocol before transfer, at least I'll give them that. Checking my info, name, social against the embies info. I really don't know what was up with that team this morning....but I'm over it. I'll talk to my Dr tomorrow and clear it all up about how many is documented in the computer on his end as to remaining embryos growing.

I'm anxious and excited to become a MOM too!!

Thanks hun!
xox

COUNTRY MOM said...

Lorrie, I am Praying this is it too. I can't wait to hear the great news. I hope they all grow... That's awful about the mix up at the office. I am so glad you have your precious blessings in you. Lots of Prayers and Hugs for you. Thank You for updating. Blessings, Audrey

SprtsGrl said...

Lorrie!!! So exciting...I am sending you some special prayers....Grow embies GROW!!!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Lorrie, Checking in with you and seeing how you are feeling? Hope to talk soon. Audrey

Lorrie S said...

Thanks sprtsgrl! I love special prayers =) xox

Audrey, thanks for checking in on me. I'm doing well. I will say that this IVF cycle is the most emotional one of them all for some reason. I guess I feel the stakes are somewhat higher for me in terms of having HOPE after transferring 3 embryo's at the blastocysts stage. I'm trying to keep busy at work, but find myself still thinking about it to often & just wanting to see a positive beta tomorrow!!! It's really hard on me this time around. I'm keeping my FAITH and praying everyday.

God bless.

Lorrie

Tracey said...

I just know those babes are getting all snuggly buggly in their mommy's tummy. I am beyond excited for you Lorrie. Keep the faith...this is your time my friend and I cannot wait to celebrate with you. I love you!
Tracey

COUNTRY MOM said...

Lorrie, You are getting your bloodwork done tomorrow? Please update soon. Or, I can give you my number to text:) I am so excited for you. Lots and Lots of Prayers for you and your blessings. Audrey

Lorrie S said...

Audrey, no, my Beta (blood work) isn't until 12/11/09. I do test everyday, in the morning. I'm not getting much of a line or anything at all which is good as it's indicating my 'trigger' shot is gone. SO no false positives here!! ONLY a 'real' POSITIVE by this weekend!!!! Hoping & Praying