Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another try

Well I'm moving along, to say the least. Trying to gear up once again for another IVF cycle. I have my sad moments, especially when you get the looks & somewhat comments from some people around you that you should just 'get over it, 'it wasn't like you were pg that long' kind of thing.

I have my times of sulking, of course. I'm hoping to hear or speak to my Dr tomorrow but from my 'quick' conversation with my rude nurse on Friday I think she said he was going on vacation this coming week. So I'm not sure if I will get to talk to him. I know I need to let someone know that I will be starting my birth control tomorrow though, so I guess I won't have a choice but to call and speak to 'that' nurse again. I hope she has a more pleasant manner about her, even though that demeanor should of came with Friday's phone conversation. Oh well, what's done is done.

So as I said, I will be starting BCP (birth control pills) tomorrow (Monday) and be on that for 21 days. Once I get my new cycle in November I will be starting the whole process over with injections.

I am curious about one thing if I get the chance to speak with my Dr and that is will he take my positive 'pee sticks' as a positive conception? Or be like my nurse and disregard it with no feelings at all?? I think or should I say, KNOW, that finally becoming pregnant (a positive pregnancy test)after 15 years should account for there is a problem here. I've been telling him that I feel deep down in my soul and gut that I have an implanting problem. I hope he agrees and takes a different form of action so that I can finally have a successful pregnancy.

"Yes, I do Love God.
He is my source of existence and Savior.
He keeps me functioning each and everyday.
Without Him, I will be nothing.
Without him, I am nothing, but with Him I can
do all things through Christ that strengthens me."
(Phil 4:13)


*********************************************

Also, I wanted to post (or ask) anyone who reads my blog today, if you have any Follistim and/or Menopur from your cycle that you will not be using, if you wouldn't mind donating them to me. I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have med coverage.

Thanks, God Bless

6 comments:

Carey said...

I am so sorry for your loss. People who havent experienced infertility don't understand the pain and the loss that you truly feel. You are in my prayers.

Tracey said...

Lorrie, I wanted to post this here too...hopefully, it will continue to give you encouragement. I love you my friend!

I saw this quote..."Perseverance allows you to get back on track when you hit a detour."

I think that perserverance is the ability to keep going even in the face of continuous challenges. You my friend are the epitome of perserverance especially in my eyes. Even when life throws you the biggest of curve balls, you have this innate ability to get back on track and stay focused.

You are truly amazing. Sure, you could have given up when obstacles faced you, or used failure as a reason to quit, but you never, ever have. I admire you so.

I am hoping and praying with all my heart and soul that the detours you have been forced to take WILL inevitably get you to your goal. I just have to believe that will happen and that the Lord will see it happen for you.

I know that like me, you will not be satisfied until you attain what you want. And that means that no matter how many people tell you you're foolish to even try, your inner strength will counteract their negativity.

You have a spark within you...a spark that will not allow you to give up, a spark that will keep you going and trying and achieving your dream. All the while, I am glad to say that I will be one of those people helping to keep that flame alive.

Take some time to sulk...you are grieving and you are entitled to do so. In the meantime, just know how much I (and we) all love you!

Kami said...

Always praying for you and always keeping my fingers crossed. Love you girl.

Kami

Lorrie S said...

Thank you so much Tracey. Words could not have touched me more so than those you just posted.

XOX my friend.

Lorrie

Lorrie S said...

Thanks Kami & Carey.

I will perservere. God is good. I'm not here to 'prove' my ablilities to conceive to anyone, all I want is a baby of my own to love. Simple......but yet not right?

COUNTRY MOM said...

Lorrie, I pray you conceive again very soon. I hope you can talk to your Dr. soon and see what he can do to help. Can you make an early appointment to speak with him? You deserve a baby so much. Many Blessings, Audrey