Friday, September 17, 2010

I think I ought to get this out now and be done with it....

Many were unaware of this but here it is.

I was offered embryos months ago from a gorgeous, caring, loving couple that emailed me out of the blue to let me know they wanted us to have them. I was so touched and really shocked. I hadn't done my last IVF cycle yet. But after receiving such a email I thought this might be God's gift to us. This is really the route he wants me to go on. We did our last IVF cycle anyway, but knowing I had these precious gifts waiting if things didn't go well for us, was so comforting.

Last week I got a Reproductive Attorney and got things rolling. I just sent the contract info sheet by fax yesterday to get the drawing of the contract in motion.

On Monday, she gave birth to her beautiful twin boys. They were earlier than expected and one is struggling right now. They need care to get strong and grow. I got an email last night from her and she said they had a change of heart this week. Being very emotional from her babies being in the hospital and after giving birth as can be expected, the offer is no more. They are now not sure they don't want anymore children in the future and wish to keep their embryos.

I am crushed, hurt, numb, my eyes can not cry anymore due to the pain they feel. I walk around with my heart ripped out of my chest, but what can I do? Nothing. This is the end of my journey.

Take care and God Bless everyone.



Lorrie

2 comments:

WSU505 said...

I'm so sorry Lorrie. I wish there was something I could do or say to make things better for you. You have been down such a hard road of infertility. Thinking of you and dh.

Charity said...

There truly are no comforting words I can give you. I am so sorry you once again have gotten hurt. Love you.