Saturday, July 23, 2011

Perserverance......

HMMMMMMM....I really think my picture should be beside that word in the dictionary.

Desires of my heart. Here I am. Contemplating a new avenue, new hopes and dreams, of course at a price without any certainties again....as always.

So here we go. September 14th we are on a conference call (consultation) with a clinic in Upstate NY called CNY. If you get a chance, visit their website, http://cnyfertility.com/
This RE, Dr. Kiltz is a true inspiration and one that I feel I need at this point. My consultation is so far away because I ONLY want to speak with him. I need to hear from him as to what I need to do at this point. I know I am contacting him to embark on donor eggs, but I need to talk to him. Feel his uplifting words through me. Tell me I'm not at a dead end if he feels I'm not. Give me the inspiration that I need.

My niece has offered to be my donor, but after offering, she found out by her supervisor at school that she could not take 2 weeks off (which is what is needed for her cycling time) of school or else it will affect her year. She asked me if I could wait till July, 2012 when she has completed school. I thanked her enormously and declined and told her not to feel bad, even though I would love to have her as my donor, but that I could not wait that long. I will be 45 years old in Feb 2012 and feel in my heart that I would love to be at least a few months pregnant at that point, not still waiting. She agreed and said she would speak to her school again and let them know what the 2 weeks is for and see if they can make an exception. Either way, donor egg is our route.

We got approved for a loan to cover a 'family' donor, but since the news on my niece, we will need more $$ to do a single anonymous donor cycle. We put the loan money away and we hope to be able to add an extra $6000 to be able to do it. It's scary, to put all my hopes in a donor for $14,000, but this is the cost. It is 1/2 that if we use a family or friend donor. It eliminates having to pay a donor, that's why the cost is so much less.

I believe this is the right path for us. We did try and are not against trying donor embryo again, but it would have to be someone with many that are frozen and who is younger. I think most that donate their embryos are older women and don't have that many frozen, but then again, there are donors out there that used donor eggs for their IVF. I'm not up for an 'open' embryo donation, so this is also an obstacle with many.

I thought about doing a fundraiser again, but honestly, I don’t have the drive I once had. I feel I’ve been on this journey far longer than most and can’t expect people to keep helping us with this.

I do play the lottery…………hey we all can dream right?

5 comments:

Susan said...

Lorrie,

I know a lot about CNY...I live near the Albany, NY location. If I was younger (I'll be 40 in September) I would help you out with an egg donation. Having experienced infertility myself, I know how painful and stressful this is for you. Good luck on your endeavor with CNY...I'll be watching for updates.

Susan
smschnitzler@gmail.com

A said...

The moment I saw your heading it reminded me of a piece I was writing but never completed called Persistence in Prayer.

In Luke 18:1-8 Jesus illustrates the importance of persistence in praying by relaying the following parable:

“There was once a judge who cared nothing for God or man. In the same town there was a widow who was constantly came before the judge demanding justice against her adversary. For a long time he refused her; but finally said to himself, “True, I care nothing for God or man; but this widow is such a great nuisance that I will see her righted before she wears me out with her persistence.”’

So I just wanted to translate that to your situation, and pray that your persistence will be rewarded with a healthy, perfect, take home baby(ies).

I'll leave this link and you can check it out if you wish so you feel like you have others you can relate to. You can just start reading from the last or next to last page (if you don't know of it already).

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/donor-issues-egg-sperm/2020184292-ivf-cycle-de-ii-1302.html

Keeping you in my prayers.
God Bless,
Anna

Lorrie S said...

Thank you so much for even offering if you were younger. I'm touched.

Thanks for posting and caring.

:)

Tracey said...

Hey girlie, girl...I think you are doing the right thing by going with your gut and meeting with the doctor you want to meet with...at this point you have to do what YOU feel is right for you. Your niece's offer was wonderful, but I totally am with you about not wanting to wait...if we were in our twenties, 2012 would be no biggie, but being in our forties makes it a whole 'nother scenario. I am encouraged about what I have read and what others have said about this clinic too. This has to be the pay off (as in giving you your miracle) place...it just has to be!!! You know I'll be with you every step of the way my friend! I love you!

Lorrie S said...

Love you too Tracey!!! I hope and pray this is our place as well.

xox