Friday, April 16, 2010

August IVF

I have finally made up my mind and with this 'mind set' I can enjoy the rest of my summer and prepare my body and soul for IVF. We decided last night after talking to my sister (from Montreal) about vacations that we will probably be doing our final IVF attempt in August. I'm starting my DHEA and several supplements today, first to help with weight loss and also egg quality for 3 months from now as many suggest when preparing your body for IVF (at an older age). I really think I can relax now and just enjoy my summer and maybe find some peace within and also encouragement to look forward to trying again. Being in a better frame of mind by then.

Hubby and I will be going to Montreal for 7 days at the end of July this way I can see my Mom. My sister and BIL have 2 weeks vacation at the beginning of August, so they'll follow us back when we leave to come back home. They'll be staying for a week. Then my brother and his wife will be coming the 2nd week of August to stay. I think it will work out that we can do our cycle sometime in August, even if they're here, it's no big deal if I start stimming (injections) when they are here....as long as my egg retreival is not during that time. I will feel things out as time gets closer with AF(period) and all. At least I'm finally *wanting* to try again. For weeks now I have not had the desire to commit or even really embrace the thought.

No signs of AF(period) yet. It's not like I even know when she should be. I'm a bit confused on dates and when at this point with having cancelled IVF during stimming. And it's not like I can be pregnant because we haven't even done the 'duty' in so long. So with that said, again I wait for her arrival to get a general feel of timing in months ahead.

So that's my update. Thought I'd share as I haven't really been posting much.

God Bless.

Lorrie

7 comments:

LisaB said...

I will be praying for you!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Lorrie, I have been thinking alot about you. I pray that this next IVF will bring you a healthy blessing. I am always here for you. Lots of Love and Prayers.

Lorrie S said...

Thanks Lisa and Audrey.

Charity said...

Minus the asian writing (which I cannot read) I agree :) I hope you have a wonderful and blessed summer and that your final IVF will be a sucess. I love you.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Lorrie, I think of you often. Praying Aug. will be a great and successful IVF month for you. Much Love,

Nicole said...

wishing you would update us...hoping you are ok...praying for your baby to come to you...understanding if you need space.

Lorrie S said...

Nicole, I'm sorry. I will update what I've been doing.